Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ceremony ADD

Talk about whirlwind!

At the beginning of last week I had put all ceremony thoughts on the back burner and was focused on making our house positively ooze Halloween as we were doing a Saturday night Halloween Party. We've never done one before, but this year my partner couldn't have been more excited about it. Seemed natural enough as we had just done our first "big" Halloween the year before so it seemed normal that she'd take this one to the next level.

The party was going well and everything seemed to be running as planned until she took me outside and I saw this.


She then pulls out a ring and pops the big question right in front of our family and friends, who had all walked outside before me while I was in the other room oblivious to it all. It was the ring I'd fallen in love with when we'd looked long ago. Of course I said yes. Neither of us remember exactly what we said. We remember she said she loved me and wanted to be with me for the rest of her life. She said that we make each other be better people. There were lots of I love you's shared. While the words may not be so clear, I will forever remember that she proposed to me in a banana suit.



I found out afterward that the majority of the crowd knew this was happening. She had also called my mother weeks earlier to officially ask for her permission. My mom, being the mom she is was apparently all tears of joy and told her how she already thought of her as a daughter and of course she had her blessings. I also found out that my partner had the ring IN THE HOUSE since August 4th! I'd been SO close to it so many times and had never known...

So now, my brain is on nothing but ceremony planning. I'm calling it Ceremony ADD. Because no matter how hard I've tried to work on something else - I have no attention span for anything except planning, planning and more planning. It doesn't help that I have the most beautiful ring on my finger shining at me wherever I go.



Not that I'm complaining. :)

I need to be focused on my job searching. I need to be focused for a certification exam. And I'd like to read the last Harry Potter before the movie comes out in a few weeks. But all I want to do is look at my ring and plan our big day. I think I'll let myself be this way for maybe a few more days but then I really have to get back in the swing of things! I really do. I do. I do. I do...

And I'm right back to thinking about the ceremony. Ceremony ADD. Dang it!

It's kinda awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment